I got this article from the NY Times called: Questions Couples Should Ask (Or Wish They Had) Before Marrying. Even though it's one in the morning, I'm going to answer the first five. I'll answer the rest in another post.1) Have we discussed whether or not to have children, and if the answer is yes, who is going to be the primary care giver?
- I need to have kids. Three ideally.
- I would like to stay home and take care of the kids because:
2) Do we have a clear idea of each other’s financial obligations and goals, and do our ideas about spending and saving mesh?
- I make enough money working from home to survive, nay flourish (ok, survive) for seven years in Manhattan
- I'm constantly cooking and am willing to mash anything for them
- I'm a big kid myself
- I'm a firm believer in fiscal responsibility (see 1, above).
- I rarely cab, and walk whenever possible
- While I love to cook, I do like to go out about two times a week. I'm much more local restaurant than five-star, hot-place-of-the-week.
- I'm messy but oddly germ-a-phobic.
- No shoes in the house.
- No dirty clothes on the bed
- We would swap chores weekly
- I can't stand dirty dishes in the sink.
- Clearly, I'm a bit nuts. I put my entire life on my blog that no one reads (but you - hey, thanx!)
- I'm an insomniac and have been for at least two decades. It means I get moody and irritable and may lash out (never physically but I do yell). Please ignore and take a walk or encourage me to. It'll all work out.
- I have been depressed before - actually, if you've been reading this blog, you know all this.
- Ah, look at the time! Gotta run - sorry...