Had quite the weekend involving PCD, WM, a pool in Jersey City and copious amounts of charred meat and meat products.
But enough about me, let's chat about you. Realized that I've got a lota younger readers - which isn't too hard as I'm ancient. School's about to start so, thought I'd let you know about how I did college. Graduated cum laude from an Ivy League; this is not to brag but to let you know that what I'm about to tell you worked for me and might for you:
- Took mostly lecture classes.
- Crammed all my classes into M-Th.
- Never missed a class and wrote down almost everything the teacher said. (1x)
- At night, transcribed all my notes into a computer, rearranged and sorted. (2x) Any questions I had, I cleared up with my TA and rearranged my notes again. (3x)
- Printed out all my notes Friday morning, and headed to NYC. Read notes on bus. (4x) Used time to write any reports that needed to be written.
- At Penn Station, put notes away and meet girlie. Work. Go to clubs. Limelight, Paladium, Red Zone, Mars, Nell's. All gone now. So sad. I digress.
- Sunday, took bus back to school, read notes again on bus ride up (5x). Watched Simpsons.
- Last weekend of month, reread all notes from the month. (6x)
- Weeks before finals, read notes again. (7x-100x)
- Repeat for remaining semesters.
- Always had a three-day weekend.
- Always had those weekends free.
- Didn't read the books. Stopped buying textbooks when I realized that teachers just wanna hear their own words when they read essay exams (be careful with this one - I dunno what your teachers are gonna be like).
- Didn't do the homework. If it wasn't graded, I didn't do it. Just knew my notes, cold.
- You actually learn what you're supposed to learn.
- Could sell my notes for $50 a pop.
- Can have interactions 17 years later like this:
Me: Didyknow that the acceleration of a free falling object under the influence of gravity is 9.8 meters per second, per second?
Her: I'm sorry what?
Me: Ah, nuthin, just geeking out. But enough about me, let's chat about you....my name's Logan. And you are?